- "I appear to be stuck in some kind of nexus of teleporters, which could take me anywhere in the universe...Or it's a janitor's closet, the hell I don't fucking know!"
- —Simmons in The Best Laid Plans
Role in Plot[edit | edit source]
The nexus' first appearance is in K.I.T. B.F.F., where Simmons was trapped there because Church damaged the Red Base's teleporter by accident. During his time there, he discovers that the area basically is a "teleporter nexus", which can send anyone anywhere in the universe. Using his intellect, Simmons is able to use the Teleporter Nexus to retrieve Sarge and Caboose from Battle Creek and is able to tell Donut how to fix the Red base's teleporter in Blood Gulch to allow his group to get to Sidewinder. He then uses the nexus to teleport himself, Sarge, and Caboose to Sidewinder to reunite the teams in You're the Bomb, Yo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Simmons is the character that named the location "Teleporter Nexus."
- Both Simmons and Caboose have referred to the location as a janitor's closet.
- Ironically, the explanation of the existence and nature of the nexus is given off-screen in Let's Get Together by Simmons to Caboose, who doesn't understand.
- The location is represented by the map Chiron TL-34 in Halo: Combat Evolved.
- The teleporters in this area were utilized by the Rooster Teeth crew as makeshift "green-screens" in order to create the look of the A.I. character Delta. By taking a red soldier (for best contrast) in-game and placing a teleporter behind him, the special effects artists were able to "cut out" the background teleporter and shift the soldier's armor color to Delta's characteristic green.