The Rocket Launcher is a weapon used in Red vs. Blue, most commonly by Simmons. It fires rocket-like projectiles that explode on impact and has made many appearances throughout the series.
- Simmons: Simmons first uses a guided rocket launcher in Red vs. Blue: Animated to get Church to an unspecified location. Unfortunately, Simmons loses control and Church eventually crashes through the top of the building. In The Installation, Simmons tries to use a rocket launcher against the Meta, but misses. Simmons wields this weapon again in This One Goes to Eleven against Epsilon-Tex and in n+1, where he fires several rockets at the Meta and blocks the latter's attack at the cost of his rocket launcher being cut in half. He later uses it in True Colors and destroys many of the Tex drones.
- Church: In Episode 51, the rocket launcher is used by Church as he attempts to shoot O'Malley after he goes back in time. Likely due to his poor aiming skills, he instead hits Tucker, though he mentions that the targeting system didn't work, which makes it arguable. In Reconstruction: Chapter 6 Church uses a rocket launcher to fire at the Meta, but the latter uses a Time Distortion unit to avoid it.
- Omega: While possessing Doc in The Blood Gulch Chronicles, the rocket launcher was O'Malley's signature weapon. He was seen using this weapon when the Reds and Blues invaded his evil fortress and when the Reds and Blues find him on Sidewinder.
- Doc: Doc uses the Rocket Launcher extensively in Season 13. Due to creating a split personality greatly based on O'Malley, making him a more direct participant in combat thanks to it. He has used it to kill several Space Pirates and once used the rocket launcher to clothesline Felix before firing it at him pointblank. Also, Doc is seen carrying this weapon when he is left behind in a Season 10 deleted scene.
- Tucker: In Make Your Time, Tucker took O'Malley's rocket launcher and attempted to use it to destroy Church's body in hopes to prevent the bomb in Church to detonate, but it was shot out of his hands by Wyoming before he could fire.
- Wyoming: Wyoming uses this weapon to kill the Alien and destroy his ship in Season 4.
- Sarge: Although off-screen, Sarge uses a rocket launcher to fire a rocket at Grif in Relocated: Part Three, but misses. In Season 15, after losing a rock, paper and scissors match to see who gets to be the leader, Sarge follows Surge's orders in grabbing a rocket launcher and assists him in blowing up aircrafts belonging to the UNSC.
- Tex: In the episode Spiral, Tex uses the rocket launcher twice to blast a Warthog and a Hornet, while riding on a motorbike.
- Sleeveless Insurrection Soldier: This Insurrectionist made use of this weapon in Fall From Heaven attempting to kill Agents York and Washington, but being foiled when Wash shoots it out of his hands.
- Surge: During the assault of the UNSC at Desert Gulch, Surge grabs a rocket launcher and orders Sarge to do so. The two then work together in blowing several UNSC aircrafts out of the sky.
- Whenever Simmons screams "Fire in the hole!", he is referring to the real life warning that military personal and miners yell to warn others that an explosion in an area is imminent.
- Simmons is shown to be wielding the rocket launcher on the "Simmonsisms" poster and the Red Team artwork, further suggesting that it has become his trademark weapon.
- Although this is one of the most powerful weapons in the series, only four characters (Simmons, Wyoming, Tex, and Doc) have successfully used it to kill another character.
- Red vs. Blue: The Musical features an entire song about rocket launchers called, "Red Rockets".