|Red vs. Blue: Singularity|
|Filmed using|| Halo: Combat Evolved|
Halo 5: Guardians
|Genre||science fiction, comedy|
|Running time||139 minutes|
|Created by||Burnie Burns|
|Directed by|| Josh Ornelas|
|Written by|| Jason Weight|
Miles Luna (Episodes 5 and 9)
|Voices|| Dan Godwin|
|Production company||Rooster Teeth|
|Release(s)||March 9, 2019 - May 25, 2019|
|No. of episodes||12|
Red vs. Blue: Singularity is the seventeenth full season of Red vs. Blue. It is the third and final installment in the The Shisno Paradox story arc, which began with Season 15, as well as a direct continuation of Season 16. Jason Weight returns to write the season, while machinimators Josh Ornelas and Austin Clark co-direct. Joe Nicolosi, writer/director of the previous two seasons, moved to other projects in 2018; however, he did outline the story alongside Weight and Miles Luna, who provided additional writing.
The season was announced on January 28, 2019, and premiered on March 9. The first trailer for the season, as well as the official synopsis, were released by Collider on March 7. Nearly a year after airing exclusively on Rooster Teeth's official website, the episodes started being uploaded weekly on the RT Animation YouTube channel, starting on February 3, 2020.
Despite being teased in the finale of the previous season, Singularity is not shot in Halo 2 Anniversary, instead utilizing several previous Halo games such as Halo: Combat Evolved for scenes set in the past (unlike The Shisno Paradox, which almost exclusively used Halo 5: Guardians).
It took two seasons for the Reds and Blues to break the universe, but they’re about to discover that things can always get worse.
The flow of time is in disarray now that Chrovos has been freed from their old prison, and the Reds and Blues are unwittingly trapped, reliving their past memories. Fortunately, there’s still one person in the universe who can do something about it: Donut. Thanks to his quick thinking, Donut manages to trap Chrovos in a temporary cell, but it won’t hold for long. Chrovos’ lackey, Genkins, travels through time with the Reds and Blues and changes the events of their history, creating cracks in an increasingly fragile timeline. If Donut can’t find a way to snap his friends out of it, Chrovos will truly be free and life as we know it will be rewritten.
- Caboose (12 episodes)
- Washington (11 episodes)
- Donut (11 episodes)
- Grif (11 episodes)
- Tucker (11 episodes)
- Simmons (11 episodes)
- Sarge (10 episodes)
- Carolina (9 episodes)
- Lopez (8 episodes)
- Sister (6 episodes)
- Doc (6 episodes)
- Chrovos (8 episodes)
- Huggins (3 episodes)
- Labyrinth A.I (2 episodes)
- Atlus Arcadium Rex (1 episode)
- Kalirama (1 episode)
- Burnstorm (1 episode)
- Emily Grey (2 episodes)
- Church (5 episodes)
- Sheila (5 episodes)
- Locus (5 episodes)
- Epsilon (4 episodes)
- Meta (4 episodes)
- Lopez 2.0 (3 episodes)
- Zealots (3 episodes)
- Junior (2 episodes)
- Tex (2 episodes)
- Andy (2 episodes)
- Recovery Command (2 episodes)
- Delta (2 episodes)
- C.T. (2 episodes)
- Freckles (2 episodes)
- Vanessa Kimball (2 episodes)
- Felix (2 episodes)
- Epsilon-Tex (1 episode)
- Wyoming (1 episode)
- York (1 episode)
- North Dakota (1 episode)
- South Dakota (1 episode)
- Idaho (1 episode)
- Iowa (1 episode)
- Ohio (1 episode)
- Santa (1 episode)
- Dylan Andrews (1 episode)
- Jax Jonez (1 episode)
- Genkins (9 episodes)
- Coach Prestwood (2 episodes)
- Cheryl (1 episode)
- Gerald (1 episode)
- Washington's Butler (1 episode)
|#||Episode Title||Running Time||Description|
|1.||A Sitch in Time||11:47||The Reds and Blues ruin the universe.|
|2.||Everwhen||10:22||Donut learns what an innuendo is.|
|3.||Schrödingin'||12:18||Wash resigns as financier of The Giant Walking Cannon Funeral Company.|
|4.||Breaching the Torus||9:31||People are shot. Only Simmons seems to mind.|
|5.||The Not-So-Good Ol' Days||9:42||Wash takes up freelancing.|
|6.||Self-Fulfilling Odyssey||12:19||Sarge gets a 2-for-1 deal on pelicans this week!|
|7.||Limbo||10:00||Huggins is information and cannot be destroyed.|
|8.||Finally||8:58||Caboose's Guide to Re-Zipping Time.|
|9.||Succession||12:32||A leader steps up.|
|10.||Killing Time||8:56||Wash would like to be shot. One shooting, please.|
|11.||Omphalos||11:17||Sarge hates boredom. Grif hates excitement. Lopez hates Lopez.|
|12.||Theogeny||21:43||Chrovos has a plan. It comes back to bite them.|
- Main Article: New Holidays
- Airdate: January 31, 2019
Simmons and Lopez have some very important information about the TRUE holidays we should all be celebrating.
- Main Article: Cultural Appreciation
- Airdate: March 6, 2019
Join the Reds and Blues as they discover the finer details of art, and learn proper museum etiquette!
- This season contains 12 episodes, making it the shortest season to date by that measure.
- The word Singularity has several uses, as in "technological singularity" (a hypothetical stage of technological advancement stemming from the creation of Artificial Intelligence) or "gravitational singularity" (a point of infinite density at the center of a black hole), among others.
- Jason Weight also considered the titles Everwhen and The Firewall Paradox.
- The official poster adequately has as its central characters Donut and Washington, the two Reds and Blues who do not start the season trapped reliving their memories and also have the most screentime.
- This contrasts with the previous season where Donut and Washington had the least screentime.
- The Cosmic Powers were intended to have a role in the story at one point during development.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2019 PROGRAMMING PREVIEW | Rooster Teeth
- ↑ RVB AND BEYOND | Rooster Teeth
- ↑ SINGULARITY | Rooster Teeth
- ↑ Exclusive: ‘Red vs Blue’ Season 17 Trailer Plays Fast and Loose with Time
- ↑ RED VS. BLUE: SINGULARITY | Rooster Teeth
|Red vs. Blue|
|Season 1 · Season 2 · Season 3 · Season 4 · Out of Mind · Season 5|
|Recovery One · Reconstruction · Relocated · Recreation · Revelation|
|Season 9 · MIA · Where There's a Will, There's a Wall · Season 10|
|Season 11 · Season 12 · Season 13|
|Season 15 · The Shisno Paradox · Singularity|
|PSAs · Special Episodes · Animated · 360|
Team Slipspace: An Epic Grifball Saga