- "Was I there, Church?"
- "No, Jenkins, you weren't there. I don't know why, guess I just forgot about you. Sorry."
- "Ah, oh well. Maybe next time."
- —Jenkins to Church in the Ruby Slippers ending of Why Were We Here?
Jacob J. Jenkins is a Blue Team simulation trooper that normally appears in dream sequences. He wears green armor and first appears in the alternate ending of Why Were We Here? called "Ruby Slippers." He then made a second appearance in the sponsor version of Don't Get Me Started.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Apparently, Jenkins was a simulation trooper that was originally going to be sent to Blood Gulch, after Freelancer Agent Florida trips over a cable to V.I.C.'s computer, shown in Why They're Here. This caused the list of five Freelancers originally meant to replace Florida, in the event of his death, to change to five sim troopers, Jenkins being one of them. However, Jenkins is never actually deployed to Blood Gulch.
Why Were We Here? Deleted Scene[edit | edit source]
In the ending, all the adventures of The Blood Gulch Chronicles turn out to be a dream and Church, instead of being killed by the tank, only went into a coma. Church said to Jenkins that he was not in the dream because he must have forgotten about him. After this, Simmons and Grif arrive and kill Jenkins along with the rest of Blue Team.
Don't Get Me Started Sponsor Ending[edit | edit source]
Jenkins appears once again in the Sponsor & DVD versions of Don't Get Me Started, where Sarge's fantasy on how the Red Team erased the Blue Team from the Command computers. While Sarge is driving off on "Moto-Simmons," Jenkins and Caboose are standing in the base, Caboose saying he wishes he were on the Red Team, asking Jenkins if he felt the same, which he states "Absolutely."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In a deleted scene for Revelation, one of the Aliens on Sandtrap was named Jenkins and wore green armor, similar to the human version of the character.
- Georgia and Jenkins bear the same armor color, besides Georgia's secondary color. The two also share the same CQB helmet. Genkins is also green with a CQB helmet, albeit with a blue visor.
- During the campaign of Halo: Combat Evolved there is an actual character named Jenkins; he is one of the first people to encounter the parasitic Flood.
- In The Twins, Scully mentions a "Jenkins," but it is unlikely that they are the same character.
- In Why They're Here, Jacob J. Jenkins is fourth in the list of possible "reinforcements" in the case of the death of Captain Flowers, after the latter trips over a plug under Blood Gulch and corrupts Vic's list. Because his name was listed below Kaikaina Grif, who was the final reinforcement sent to Blood Gulch, he is never actually seen.
- In RTX Australia 2017, Burnie and Gus revealed the character is named for the Jenkins 2.0 font used for the Red vs. Blue logo and title cards.
References[edit | edit source]
|Blue Team |
|Blood Gulch: Leonard L. Church · Epsilon · Lavernius Tucker (ε) · Michael J. Caboose (ε) · Tex (ε)|
Washington · Sheila · Butch Flowers · Andrew D. Kaboom (ε) · Junior · Kaikaina Grif · Freckles
|Desert Gulch: Mark Temple · Buckey · Loco|
|Coloblind: Wynn · Squatch · Deuce|
|Other: Jimmy · Jacob J. Jenkins · Mickey · Miller · Jones · Blue Grunt Leader · Phil (Falcon)|
|Vehicles: M808V Main Battle Tank · Chopper|