- "As you may recall, Agent North used his equipment in the field on a previous mission."
- "He was able to successfully maintain the deflective shield for 3.4 seconds in order to block an explosive projectile attack."
- "And somehow managed not to kill himself in the process."
- —Director in The New Kid
The Domed Energy Shield, also referred to as a bubble shield, is an armor enhancement that creates a translucent, slightly white/gold tinted protective sphere around the user. It was first seen in the series in Reconstruction: Chapter 6.
- South Dakota: South uses the domed energy shield to protect herself from the Meta's attacks in Reconstruction before Washington and the Blues arrived.
- Meta: In n+1, the Meta uses one to deflect massive amounts of rockets, gunfire, and grenades fired by Sarge, Simmons, Grif, and Tucker. When the shield began to weaken, the Meta jumped into the air and began to attack the group.
- Utah: In a deleted scene on the Season 9 DVD, a prototype of the domed energy shield was used by Agent Utah. Unfortunately, Utah almost suffocated to death while testing it out.
- North Dakota: In Season 9, North uses the armor ability in the episode Evacuation Plan, to prevent missiles from destroying the Pelican he was riding. In Season 10, North is later paired with the A.I. Theta, who can manipulate the shield to allow for greater defensive and offensive abilities, even accounting for power losses and moving targets.
- Carolina: In Season 13, Carolina uses the domed energy shield three times; to protect herself, Tucker, Caboose, and Dr. Grey from the Space Pirates in You Better Watch Out; during her fight with Sharkface in Dish Best Served; and to protect the ship she, Wash, the Reds and Kimball were aboard from the reactor core's blast radius in Armonia, Part 2.
- The Domed Energy Shield is currently the third most used armor enhancement in the series, with the first two being Cloaking and the Helmet Camera.
- Outside of deleted scenes, Carolina is the only user of the Domed Energy Shield who never deploys it in the traditional manner in all instances she uses it (with the exception of South Dakota, who is merely seen inside hers, having already deployed it off-screen). Both North Dakota and the Meta are both seen at least once deploying it with the traditional punch to the ground, while Carolina consistently deploys hers with both arms spread wide in a stopping or bracing motion. This may be a reference to Bungie's current game Destiny, where one of the subclasses extends their arms outwards to deploy a similar energy shield.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.